Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Why Visit Highline Anyway?

As a travel addict I have been to a lot of beautiful places. Many of the places I have been have made me amazed however some places did not meet my expectations. There are also places which I really can’t forget and would love to come back again and again. One of these places which have made a mark to my memory is the High Line Public Park. This place is amazing. Here I met friends not just from New York but from other places too and we share the same feeling about this park. This park was a historic freight rail line before it was transformed into this awesome place back in 1999. And this park is not the typical park you may have at your place. This thing is big and has a whole lot to offer to satisfy your cravings for relaxation and recreation. The High Line Public Park is open everyday form 7am to 7pm. It is located at the westside of Manhattan, New York City. It is 1.45-mile-long elevated rail structure running from Gansevoort Street to West 34th Street on Manhattan's West Side and it is owned by the City of New York and is under the jurisdiction of the Department of Parks and Recreation.

No comments:

Post a Comment